Friday, December 5, 2008

jane austen

her birthday is December 16th - she's turning 233!

today has been awesome! I encouraged a student to attend the North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston Salem - she's just the girl for it. I almost cried thinking how I could have had this opportunity in high school, but have always been proud that I bloomed a little later because art has helped me much.

Anyway, I think this is sort of a save-the-date: I'm turning 233 on Jan. 22nd (this is my real age: I told my students it was somewhere between 103 and 269). Jan. 22nd is a Thursday, but my party will probably be on a Saturday, like the whole day, so people can float in and out. Please save the date, I have some good ideas: JANUARY 24th, 2009!

Gearing up for Budapest! I'll be bringing an empty suitcase back (making deliveries to missionaries) - any small requests? I'll bring lots of paprika, of course.

No comments: